My favourite weekend of the year recently passed. After I polished off my annual candy apple and kettle corn popcorn, I reflected on all that I have to be thankful for.
Here are a few things that came to mind –
- I’m thankful for the Strength that God gives me each day. He’s always by my side and he whispers to me that he believes in me and that I can do it. His grace is so evident in each day AND he loves me unconditionally! How great is that?
- My Husband. He has the gift of being calm and he shows his love by serving. He does so many things to help me and our family. There is no greater love shown to me than that of a clean kitchen and empty dishwasher…
- Our Children. I can’t even put into words how thankful I am for them. They are my heart, and being their mom is pure joy. (Even after the horrifying pop-filled garbage can incident last week!)
- Extended Family. As we get older, I appreciate even more the moments we have together. Always trying to reach my goal of being the crazy aunt.
- Sweet Friends. I’m not a big social butterfly but I have people in my life that I know are there for me, and they love me just as I am!
- Beautiful Provision. God has miraculously provided for us this past year on a number of occasions.
- Love filled Church. It’s a beautiful family and I’m thankful we get to be part of such a caring community.
- Meaningful Work. I’ve been stretched more that I could have imagined, and I’m thankful to work with wonderful people in a place where I get to be creative and share my passion. And write. I get to write every day. That’s pure happiness.
- Place called Home. Access to clean water. Fresh food. Safety. With all the turmoil in the world, I’m thankful to live in Canada.
- Mugs of Coffee. I’m genuinely thankful for warm and tasty caffeinated beverages. (And I don’t want to go past a list of 10, so I will sneak brussel sprouts onto this post. Because they are my new vegetable love obsession)
Thankful for much to be thankful for!